Under general supervision, the Bookkeeper position is responsible for handling a full range of fiscal and accounting responsibilities for multiple properties and corporate accounts, which may include, but are not limited to: reconciling bank statements; accounts payable; accounts receivable; journal entries and analysis of the general ledger accounts; preparation of financial statements; and performing other general tasks as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
The following examples illustrate typical work activities and are not meant to be all inclusive or restrictive:
- Develop and maintain reports and files on the accounts payable processing.
- Processing of a large volume of accounts receivable and entering various invoices into the accounting software.
- Creation and distribution of property statements on a monthly basis.
- Reconciliation of bank statements for multiple companies and entities.
- Preparation of journal entries for posting in the general ledger and also the analysis of the general ledger accounts.
- Timely production of month-end financial statements.
- Creation of Profit and Loss Report and Distribution report to be completed on a monthly, quarterly, and year-to-date basis for multiple properties.
- Responsible for the preparation and timely filing of all federal, state, and local agency reports.
- Provide 1099’s year-end tax information.
- Review of company internal control procedures and provide recommendation or implement improvements as needed.
- Coordinate all the audit activities within the company.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- 2-3 years of experience in a bookkeeping/accounting role.
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks Online.
- General understanding of accounting internal control methods.
- Ability to apply accounting principles to the analysis of complex accounting problems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret accounting data and prepare clear, accurate financial statements and reports.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and principles.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to establish cooperative and effective working relationships.
- Ability to maintain a professional and courteous demeanor and presentation in dealing with co-workers, vendors, and on-site staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Experience with ResMan or other Property Management Software.
- Experience working in property management or real estate.
- 3-5 year of experience as a full charge bookkeeper.
- Quickbooks Pro Advisor certification.
This position is Full Time Permanent and comes with a competitive salary; medical, dental, and vision benefits (after completion of 30 days employment) as well as paid vacation time.