Unparalleled Level of Service
Responsible for the operational and financial aspects of a property and meeting company goals. Results are achieved by facilitating the optimum performance of the property in areas such as human resources, marketing, leasing, collections, resident services, maintenance, revenue enhancement, capital improvements, information reporting and compliance with all applicable laws and company policies.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required, some college preferred
Experience as a Property Manager required
Professional appearance and attitude
Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
Basic Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
Ability to work a slightly flexible schedule and be open to reasonable, periodic schedule adjustments
Open to occasional overtime work weeks and possible evenings
Valid US driver’s license, current auto insurance, and reliable transportation
- Operate financially within the approved budget.
- Ensure that all rents are collected when due and posted in a timely manner. Perform evictions, utility cut-offs and landlord liens, as required on delinquent rentals.
- Provide leadership and direction for all on-site employees under his/her supervision, which includes but not limited to: effective employee relations, compliance with employment law; ongoing training and motivation for staff. Ensure regular coaching, counseling and performance evaluations for all staff members.
- Recruit qualified candidates for employment; includes pre-screening, interviewing, selecting and selling Bluebonnet Commercial Management to top candidates
- Maintain records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Generate various reports as required and conduct market surveys monthly.
- Ensure that all personnel respond to resident service requests or complaints in a timely, efficient and courteous manner. This includes helping residents and prospects before, during and after leasing an apartment.
- Follow Bluebonnet policies and procedures to maintain consistent property operations. Insure that team members understand and can implement policies.
- Monitoring of social media presence and respond appropriately to online reviews and comments
- Perform physical inspections of the property and verify condition of vacant apartments. Coordinate with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure timely recondition of apartments after move-out.
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance Programs are effectively implemented
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certificates of insurance. Approve and submit all invoices to corporate office for payment.
- Ensure that all property personnel operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times. Have thorough knowledge of Fair Housing laws; ensure through constant supervision and review that all personnel are in compliance with those regulations.
- Implement marketing programs and strategies to reach the targeted customer.
- Successfully drive qualified traffic to property and secure net leases and renewals.
- Back up/assist colleagues and associates as appropriate, including weekend work
- Regular, in-person attendance required; schedule should reflect normal office hours
- Demonstrate commitment to Bluebonnet’s mission, vision and values
- Report any unusual circumstances regarding the residents or the property to Regional Management. Monitor all problems that may be handled by staff members.
This position is Full Time Permanent and comes with a competitive salary and bonus/commission structure. Benefits package after 60 days of employment include paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, and housing discount.